1 an attack that penetrates into enemy territory [syn: incursion]
2 clear or deep perception of a situation [syn: insight]
3 the act of entering into or through something; "the penetration of upper management by women"
4 the ability to make way into or through something; "the greater penetration of the new projectiles will result in greater injuries"
5 the depth to which something penetrates (especially the depth reached by a projectile that hits a target)
6 the act (by a man) of inserting his penis into the vagina of a woman
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act of penetrating.
- Any penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.
Penetration can refer to:
- Sexual penetration
- Market penetration, the degree to which a product or service is known and/or used
- Penetration (telecommunications)
- Penetration (firestop), an opening in a wall or floor assembly required to have a fire-resistance rating, for the purpose of accommodating the passage of a mechanical, electrical, or structural penetrant
- Penetration (warfare)
- Penetration (weapons), the ability to pierce the target's armor or other protection
- In magic, an illusion in which one object appears to pass through another
- In basketball, the ability of a player to drive through the opposing defense
penetration in German: Penetration
penetration in Polish: Penetracja
access, acuity, acumen, acupunctuation, acupuncture, acuteness, admission, apperception, astuteness, bore, boring, broach, cleverness, cogency, critical discernment, decoction, diffusion, discernment, discrimination, drill hole, embedment, empiercement, entrance, entree, entry, farseeingness, farsightedness, fixing, flair, foresight, foresightedness, goring, graft, grafting, imbuement, impaction, impactment, impalement, implantation, import, importation, importing, impregnation, incision, incisiveness, income, incoming, infiltration, infixion, infusion, ingoing, ingress, ingression, injection, inoculation, input, inroad, insertion, insight, insinuation, instillation, instillment, intake, intelligence, interjection, interpenetration, interpolation, introduction, introgression, intromission, intrusion, judgment, keenness, lancing, leakage, longheadedness, longsightedness, marination, overrunning, overspreading, overswarming, penetrating, perception, perceptiveness, percipience, percolation, perforation, perfusion, permeation, perspicaciousness, perspicacity, perspicuity, perspicuousness, pervasion, piercing, pricking, providence, punching, puncture, puncturing, quick-wittedness, reception, sagaciousness, sagacity, saturation, seepage, sensibility, sensitivity, sentience, shrewdness, skewering, soaking, steeping, suffusion, terebration, tessellation, transfixation, transfixion, transforation, transfusion, transplant, transplantation, trenchancy, trepanning, trephining, understanding, wit